Search squid archive

Re: Accelerator converts HTTP1.1 to HTTP1.0?

Please don't hijack discussion threads.

Elli Albek wrote:
Hi,
I have a simple accelerator configuration for a web server, both squid and
web server running on my local same machine on different ports/IPs.

When I access a static file with the web server port, I see in the web
server log GET /scripts/util.js HTTP/1.1" 304 -

When I access the same file using the squid port, the web server log is:
GET /scripts/util.js HTTP/1.0" 304 -

I also get the same result using telnet to both servers, and using a
browser:
open 10.10.20.164 8080
GET /scripts/ util.js HTTP/1.1
Host: www.mydomain.com

When I configure squid to go to our production server IP, it is also the
same. Direct access to the ser server from telnet/browser is 1.1, access
from squid using HTTP/1.1 request is logged in the web server as HTTP/1.0.

Any ideas?

Yes. Squid is an HTTP/1.0 proxy. This is perfectly normal and working detail to see.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.2