To: "Nyamul Hassan" <mnhassan@xxxxxxx>
Cc: "Amos Jeffries" <squid3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "Squid Users" <squid-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2008 08:56
Subject: Re:  Large ACLs and TCP_OUTGOING_ADDRESS

Where could I find the "theoretical limits" publised by Adrian for 2.7?

Regards
HASSAN

Somewhere in squid-dev over the late 2007- early 2008 he pushed a graph
out comparing cacheboy and Squid-2.7 and Squid-2.HEAD.

All I can find right now is this thread:
 http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-dev/200701/0077.html
 http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-dev/200701/0083.html

And some old graphs on his cacheboy site:
 http://www.cacheboy.net/polygraph/cacheboy_1.4.pre3_test2/one-page.html
looks like he has scraped out another 50rps since the early reports.

One indicates squid is capable of ~500 RPS on regular home hardware. And
the other that a very old version was capable of >3500 RPS on high-end
hardware in 2006.

Amos