Search squid archive

Re: acl deny versus acl allow?

Jeff Gerard wrote:
Can you clarify this? I have looked through the FAQ and there is plenty of reference to using "deny" and I can't see any mention of replacing "deny" with "allow".

You can write either:
  http_access deny something
or
  http_access allow something

not both on the same line.

To quote straight from that FAQ page:
"
Q:  How do I allow my clients to use the cache?
A:  Define an ACL that corresponds to your client's IP addresses.
    Next, allow those clients in the http_access list.

For example:
  acl myclients src 172.16.5.0/24
  http_access allow myclients
"

and more relevant to your stated example:

"
Q: How do I implement an ACL ban list?
A: ..., Another way is to deny access to specific servers which are known to hold recipes.

For example:
  acl Cooking2 dstdomain www.gourmet-chef.com
  http_access deny Cooking2
  http_access allow all
"

Amos

Thanks

The word 'deny' is fully replaced with the word 'allow'.<BR>> Please read and understand the FAQ on ACL before continuing with your testing:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/SquidAcl

Amos
--
Please be using