Search squid archive

Re: Question

Amos Jeffries wrote:
Monah Baki wrote:
Hi all,

We have 2 squid servers running 2.7 stable 5. One is locally in our data center, the other is located remotely on the clients network. Is it possible to have whatever cached objects our local server has be replicated on the client?

Each squid caches what it can from any data source.
If traffic flows through your squid on its way to the client, the objects will propagate down. Or, if you setup both squid as peers with client squid to prefer sourcing data from your squid's cache, it will propagate across.

I think what Monah wanted was the ICP setup. Look at http://www.visolve.com/squid/squid24s1/neighbour.php they explain all the cache_peer settings there. iirc, you are looking for sibling

If yes, in my squid.conf, what should I look for?

The above link has examples
depends on your cache_peer config. PARENT_HIT or SIBLING_HIT or similar source retrieval entries when the objects were retrieved.

They become regular local TCP*_HIT entries while cached.

Amos

Cheers !