Search squid archive

Controlling all HTTP traffic

Hello,

What is the best way to have full control over HTTP traffic that goes
through a Squid-enabled firewall?

On the firewall, we intercept TCP traffic destined to ports 80, 3128,
and 8080 and redirect them to the local Squid port, and they get
filtered.

But HTTP traffic is not limited to use those ports. Especially in case
the PCs behind the firewall are using HTTP-based proxies, depending on
the ports used by the proxies on the Internet they may escape the
Squid filtering (e.g., say they are using port 45001).

How can we make sure "any HTTP traffic -- irrespective of the TCP
destination port number" that goes through the firewall gets filtered
by the Squid?

Regards,

Ali