Search squid archive

SquidNT authentication issues

Hi guys,
I've been reading up on this stuff for over a week now, trying to workout where i've gone wrong, but can't see anything, so am reaching outto you with the hope someone else has gone through the pain of thisand can point me in the right direction :)
I am currently running SquidNT 2.7 stable4 on Server 2003 (non-domainenvironment) in Basic authentication mode (as it's the onlyauthentication mode I can currently get to work).
My current "auth" stuff which is working is set up like :(note - Squid is installed on e:/ rather than c:/ due to space restrictions)
auth_param basic program e:/squid/libexec/ncsa_auth.exe e:/squid/etc/passwdacl authd proxy_auth REQUIREDacl localnet src 192.168.0.0/16
http_access allow authdhttp_access allow localnethttp_access deny all

And that is currently working. However, I want to be able toauthenticate against user accounts on the 2k3 box, rather than havingto administer a password file (and because the usage application i'mlooking at using requires authentication with username etc. in the logfile).
I've mucked around with mswin_check_lm_group.exe and mswin_auth.exeand not had much joy - the main thing being when I try to start theservice, I get the following error :
Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly.
This is gotten to using the following in my squid.conf :
auth_param basic program e:/squid/libexec/mswin_auth -A proxyusersauth_param basic children 5
acl all src allacl manager proto cache_objectacl localhost src 127.0.0.1/32acl to_localhost dst 127.0.0.0/8
acl authd proxy_auth REQUIREDacl localnet src 192.168.0.0/16	# RFC1918 possible internal network
# Only allow cachemgr access from localhosthttp_access allow manager localhosthttp_access deny manager
# Deny requests to unknown portshttp_access deny !Safe_ports
# Deny CONNECT to other than SSL portshttp_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports
http_access allow authdhttp_access allow localnethttp_access deny all
icp_access allow localneticp_access deny all
Now, part of my reading has involved things relating to this, and mostof them have talked about running squid with the -z option to createdirectories etc. However, I don't believe that's the issue in my casefor 2 reasons :
1) It works fine with my original squid.con - it's only when I changeto the one i'm testing the other auth types witht hat it bombs out and2) I've tried running with the -z and it has the same issue (slightside-note, when I DO run it from the command prompt with the -z, I getthe error
2008/10/10 12:44:04| parseConfigFile: squid.conf:1 unrecognized: '´╗┐'
So - any suggestions on where to go to from here would be much appreciated :)