Search squid archive

Re: Fwd: Failing to Configure Squid 2.6...

Amos Jeffries wrote:
Chris Robertson wrote:
Omer Khalid wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to configure squid 2.6 on my server with the following
configure options:

[root@lxb] ./configure

Good so far, but...

--prefix=%(prefix)s

That's a problem. "%(prefix)s" is not a valid path. It looks like a variable that would normally be replaced in a build script.

Only if it contains a $ though. Weird that it would have % there.
Perhapse it as cut-n-pasted from an example crafted to catch people out in just this way. Or maybe just a lucky typo.

For what it's worth, SPEC files for building RPMs use % as the variable identifier. Here's a snippet from a 2.6 STABLE9 SPEC file:

%configure \
  --exec_prefix=/usr \
  --bindir=%{_sbindir} \
  --libexecdir=%{_libdir}/squid \