Search squid archive

Re: squid ntlm_auth not working against samba PDC version above 3.0.26a

On fre, 2008-10-03 at 14:31 +0000, Juan Miguel Corral wrote:
> But when I have upgraded those
> servers to hardy (samba 3.0.28a) and lenny (3.2.3), then
> squid auth has stopped working, without any other config change.
>
> Squid version I am using are 2.6.STABLE16 and 2.7.STABLE3.
> I am using the ntlm_auth helper thatcomes with squid.

Ouch..

What most likely happened is that later Samba relases has a higher
security level setting, denying LANMAN authentication due to it's
serious crypto flaws..

> think maybe the one that comes with samba would work better,
> but the problem is that it requires winbind, and since I am
> running sqquid in the same box as the PDC, I don't know
> if winbind would work.

This is a question suitable for a Samba list. The number of users you'll
find here using Samba as a PDC is somewhat limited..

Regards
Henrik