Search squid archive

Re: Object becomes STALE: refresh_pattern min and max

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 05:29:52AM -0700, BUI18 wrote:
> I went through your same thinking as you described below.
>
> I checked the Expires header from the server and we do not set
> one.  I checked via Fiddler web debug tool.  I also verified with
> the dev guys here regarding no Expires header.  I have set the min
> and max via refresh_pattern because of the absence of the Expires
> header thinking that Squid would keep it FRESH.
>
> Notice the -1 for expiration header (I do not set one on the
> object).  My min age is 5 days so I'm not sure why the object
> would be released from cache in less than 2 days.
>
> If the object was released from cache, when the user tried to
> access file, Squid reports TCP_REFRESH_MISS, which to me means
> that it was found in cache but when it sends a If-Modified-Since
> request, it thinks that the file has been modified (which it was
> not as seen by the lastmod date indicated in the store.log below.

Interesting that it's caching the file for 2 days. What are the full
headers returned with the object? Any other cache control headers?

Is there any chance you have a conflicting refresh_pattern, so the
freshness rules being applied aren't the ones you're expecting? May
be worth doing some tests with very small max ages to confirm it's
matching the right rule.