Search squid archive

Object becomes STALE: refresh_pattern min and max

Hi -

I have squid box with tons of disk for the cache_dir
(hundreds of GB).  I use wget to perform some pre-fetching of large
video files.  I've set the min and max age to 5 days and 7 days (in
minutes).  And although I have plenty of disk space available, I still
receive TCP_REFRESH_MISS for files that had been pre-fetched and later
accessed the same day.  Does anyone know why Squid would consider it as
STALE?  I thought that by setting the min value for refresh_pattern for
the video file would guarantee freshness.  Not only does the cache
consider it STALE, it then goes and pre-fetches a new copy even though
I know that the video file has not changed.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.  Thanks.