Search squid archive

Re: Continue download on timeout?

Dmitry Negoda wrote:
Is there a way to make squid to drop download on timeout, then reconnect and
continue from the last position? My provider uses a transparent proxy which
makes connections hang from time to time. While this is not a problem for
download managers, some applications cannot reconnect and continue on such
event. The idea in to install squid locally and use squid as download
manager. I just cannot make it work that way yet...

Thanks.

Squid cannot yet store partial objects. The closest you are going to be able to configure, is to get Squid always pulling the whole object into cache and keping it there until the client requests the next piece.

The current releases can easily handle serving partial pieces out of cache as long as the whole file is there to start with.

I think you will also find that clients which can't send partial ranges can't handle receiving randomly either.

Amos