Search squid archive

NTLM authentication cache parameters

   Hello,

I'm configuring a 2.7 Stable 4 squid for NTLM authentication across a slow link (VPN over internet). It's working, no problem at all. I've joined squid box on the AD, winbind is running, wbinfo -t, -g and -u are OK. Everything is OK, authentication is running fine.

Altough, i have noticed there's some great traffic on the VPN between squid box and AD server, which is expected, because of the authentication traffic. I remembered, from ancient ages, of those:

"max_challenge_reuses" number
"max_challenge_lifetime" timespan

ntlm parameters from outdated 2.5 squid .... and noticed they didnt exists on 2.7 anymore.

Question is ..... is there some similar option on squid 2.7 that can be used to reduce authentication traffic between slow links, just like those 2 parameters that existed on squid 2.5 ??

--

	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues

	gertrudes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx