Search squid archive

Re: Cahce problem- should i remove the squid directory ro remove the cache ?

On Sun, 7 Sep 2008 15:12:27 -0400 (EDT)
jmaan@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Should I delete the squid directory to remove the present cache to
> remove the cache stored in the /var partition. or will it hamper my
> proxy server ?

The two best options are either shrink the cache or move it.

To shrink it, edit squid.conf and change the cache size in the
cache_dir entry, and then run squid -k reconfigure. The cache will
shrink over the next few minutes.

To move it, shutdown squid, move the directory specified in the
cache_dir entry, update that cache_dir entry to reflect the new location
and then restart squid.