Search squid archive

Re: compiling squid error on windows

Dooda Dave wrote:
Dear all,

I've downloaded squid3.0 stable 8 and am trying to compile it on
windows 2003. however, i hit an error when starting to run "make." the
error is as below:

Administrator@mycomputer /cygdrive/c/squid-3.0.STABLE8
$ make
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

I couldn't really get help from google at all. Hope some of you may
have encountered the same problem.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Dooda

3.0 has no official windows support. What is there is very, very experimental, and while improving slowly. Guido is the only one with a proper MS devel install to test stuff, and he is still working on both squid versions. If you are able to help at all, thank you.

3.x windows issues had probably best go to squid-dev.

Anyway,

I'm very not sure of this, so make a backup copy of your squid code files before trying.

... but ... you probably need to run ./configure to generate the makefiles for your system.

Amos