Search squid archive

Re: Zero Sized Reply / Invalid response

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
On tis, 2008-08-26 at 10:22 +0100, Pedro Mansito Pérez wrote:
Hello Henrik,

I have never used wireshark or tshark, so excuse my ignorance.

You need to use the wireshark gui to access the TCP stream analysis
function.

You can run the gui on another host (including Windows) by first making
a packet capture on the server using tshark, tcpdump or another packet
capture tool and then load that in the gui..

- # tcpdump -n -i ethX -s 0 -w /path/to/packet-dump.pcap
(-s 0 specifies capture the entire frame, not just the first XX bytes)
- trigger the event
- stop the pcap
- copy the pcap file from the Squid box to a Windows (or any platform with a GUI based Wireshark install)
- open the file in Wireshark
- right click on one of the frames of the conversation
- click on 'Follow TCP Stream'

Steve