Search squid archive

questions about background-ping

Hello,

from squid3.0's config file (squid.conf.default):

#                    use 'background-ping' to only send ICP queries to this
#                    neighbor infrequently. This is used to keep the neighbor
#                    round trip time updated and is usually used in
#                    conjunction with weighted-round-robin.

If I use it in reverse proxy, the parent is a realserver, then I can't
use "background-ping" and "weighted-round-robin", is it?
Since realserver doesn't accept ICP queries. Thanks.