Search squid archive

Re: Purging cached web objects

jmaan@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
This message has been scanned by IMSS NIT-Silchar

At this juncture I would like to know, is it customary thing fopr getiing
web objects dumped in the cache. And if nt removed in time can take whole
space of that partition ?

Don't quite understand. It's normal for objects to be stored. They only get cleared if space runs out or

if so do let me know too, how to purge them by sensitivly choosing oonly
those unwanted objects ?

done automatically.

 Are they normally in the path /home/squid or any other defined path ?

any defined path.
see cache_dir
http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.7/cfgman/cache_dir.html
http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.0/cfgman/cache_dir.html

This is important that the system administrator does all these
maintainenance jobs ?

no squid does them.

jmaan, a lot of these questions are very basic. Have you read the FAQ about operating and configuring Squid?
   http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq

Amos