Search squid archive

Re: Name of a practice

Rakotomandimby Mihamina wrote:
Hi,
I have one website hosted on a countryside dialup 56K connection, and a dedicated server somewhere in an european datacenter.

I would like to setup a proxy on the dedicated server, so that it would cache some content of the website.

What's the name of such a practice?

Reverse proxy or accelerator (http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/ReverseProxy).

I saw many documentation if the caching proxy is on the same host as the website and what I want to do is almost the same thing excepted the proxy is not on the same host.
I wonder what parameter I should setup for that.

Thank you for any answer.

Chris