Search squid archive

Re: [Fwd: Re: Recommended cache_dir config for large system]

Richard Hubbell wrote:
THanks much for the quick response, Henrik.
Filesystem for cache disks currently configured for
reiserfs with
notail/noatime opts.
I did not have the fd amounts set, nor ip_local_port_range.
My cache_dirs have each disk mounted as partition, i.e.
disk1=/squid1
disk2=/squid2; would your suggestion
be then to halve each disk and partition each as cache_dir?
(i.e, go
from squid1-4 to squid1-8 across the 4 disks)
Also have a 5th disk of equal size that has to be used for
OS, just fyi
- so these 4 are totally dedicated to Squid.
thanks again, appreciate your input.
-Ryan

Just curious why reiserfs?  I don't think it's supported any longer.

size/speed considerations when we set the system up originally. It's worked well so far.
cheers