Search squid archive

Re: FW: COSS and 1Gb files...

Andy McCall wrote:
Excellent.  In that case the set up I put in place until I worked out
how to get coss working is probably what I want anyway.

One thing I wasn't sure on - Am I supposed to format my cache partition as aufs/ufs and specify aufs/ufs in squid.conf, or do I format it as ext2/ext3 and specify aufs/ufs in squid.conf?
You can format as ext2 or ext3
At the moment, I have a /cache as an ext2 file system and cache_dir ufs 40000 16 256 in my squid.conf, which I think this is right.
It is better to have different partition for coss, say /cache1 or you may want to split your /cache into two; one for aufs/ufs other for coss.
If that is right, what is the view on ext2 vs ext3 as the file system?
ext2 should be better for squid caching
Is the choice between slower access times, but quick recovery times using ext3, or quicker access times but slower recover times using ext2

Regards,

Pritam