Search squid archive

Re: Credentials not kept cross domain

Joseph Piché wrote:
Oh for pete's sake. Never, never, never give permanent root privileges like
that to Squid. It undermines the whole idea of security on that box.

Make sure the default user of squid is assigned, with a proper service group
and that group or user has access to the resources squid needs to run.

I only did this per the config example at

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/WindowsAuthenticationNTLM#head-b97c45f4010166071a17e433b4433cd642defc1f

But I will definitely change this.

Ah. I'm going to have to kick someone else over that then. Apologies to you.

Amos