Search squid archive

empty core files

Running squid-2.7.STABLE1-20080528 on Debian linux 2.6.19.7 kernel using wccp2 and iptables for transparency. Put into production approx. 2 weeks ago, approx. 10k customers are browsing transparently without any complaints of latency, and we're seeing a measurable incoming bandwidth savings on our ISP links - so things seem to be performing well. However I've discovered a number of completely empty core files in my squid logs directory. Some are as little as 3 minutes apart. Could an exploited vulnerability be generating these?
Appreciate the help.
-Ryan