Search squid archive

request help - remotely disable SQUID filtering

I need instructions resent from the member who provided me with the tip on
how to remotely disable squid filtering from a machine.

My original post:

I am looking to use squid to content filter public computers.  Currently I
have it setup and running on a few test machines.  When someone attempts to
access a restricted site, I have a custom 'access denied' page that appears.
I would like for this page to contain a field to insert credentials that
would allow bypassing the filtering just for that machine.  Is this doable?

More specifically, I am looking to remotely disable filtering on specific
machines.

Example:  This is a public library running squid for content filtering.
When an adult patron requests that filtering be disabled for the machine
he/she is using, staff needs to be able to do this remotely, without
physically being in front of the patrons machine.

Thanks in advance.

CC
ccoleman@xxxxxxxx