Search squid archive

Re: Squid as a web application firewall

Hi,

On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 1:23 AM, Jose Ildefonso Camargo Tolosa
> for 1: maybe iptables + l7filter ( http://l7-filter.sourceforge.net/ ).
> for 2: iptables, yup, plain iptables.
> for 3. not sure... but maybe iptables + l7filter too.

All the problem with iptables is it is NOT suitable to handle a lot of
rules, it has been discussed in netfilter mailing list before...

Currently I have a proxy written using C which store IP info in memory
which is lighting fast and efficient. I just wonder should I merge
this proxy into squid or not. (They are running at the same machine
now)

Howard