Search squid archive

Re: Is it possible to have squid as do Proxy and OWA/RPCoHTTPS accelerator?

Alan Lehman wrote:
I am trying to do the same thing. OWA works, but so far no joy with RPCoHTTP. Do I have to do something in OL to make it accept the certificate? The cert's are purchased from godaddy.com. For each, I appended the bundled gd_intermediate to the domain cert.

Also, in the example config for OWA, I am confused by the following:

acl OWA dstdomain owa_hostname
cache_peer_access owa_hostname allow OWA

Doesn't the 2nd line just grant access from owa_hostname to owa_hostname ??

The two are independent things.

The ACL dstdomain 'owa_hostname' is meant to be replaced by the FQDN of your public OWA which clients use to get to the service.

The cache_peer_access owa_hostname is meant to be a seperate unique string 'X' exactly matching the value of the cache_peer name=X option.

I've tweaked the wiki demo config a little to make that clear.

My current config (which works for OWA, but not RPCoHTTP):

extension_methods RPC_IN_DATA RPC_OUT_DATA

https_port public_ip_for_owa:443 cert=/usr/share/ssl/owa/combined.crt key=/usr/share/ssl/owa/owa.key defaultsite=owa.tld.com

https_port public_ip_for_rpc:443 cert=/usr/share/ssl/rpc/combined.crt key=/usr/share/ssl/rpc/rpc.key defaultsite=rpc.tld.com

cache_peer ip_of_exchange parent 80 0 no-query originserver front-end-https=auto login=PASS

You need a second entry for port 443 on the exchange server to handle the RPC requests. This is where the name= parameter becomes very important and needs to be unique for each entry and used in the cache_peer_access lines below.

acl manager proto cache_object
acl localhost src 127.0.0.1/255.255.255.255
acl to_localhost dst 127.0.0.0/8
acl SSL_ports port 443 563
acl CONNECT method CONNECT

acl OWA dstdomain       owa.tld.com
acl RPC dstdomain       rpc.tld.com

http_access allow manager localhost
http_access allow OWA
http_access allow RPC
http_access deny manager
http_access deny !Safe_ports
http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports
http_access deny to_localhost

http_access allow localhost
http_access deny all

http_reply_access allow all
icp_access deny all

miss_access allow OWA
miss_access allow RPC
miss_access deny all

cache_peer_access ip_of_exhcange allow OWA
cache_peer_access ip_of_exhcange allow RPC
cache_peer_access ip_of_exhcange deny all

never_direct allow OWA
never_direct allow RPC

Thanks again,
Alan Lehman