Search squid archive

Re: use squid for bandwidth limiting

MihanNIC :: Get RealTime Services wrote:
Hi,

I have 4 server that used for web hosting. we have an internet
connection that shared between these servers without any management .
we want to manage and  limit bandwidth of some of our server. I want
to add a new server just for bandwidth management. what is the best
bandwidth management tools in linux ?

Have a gander at http://lartc.org/ (specifically the section starting at http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.qdisc.html).

is squid useful for this purpose?

Not really.  This is not what delay pools are designed for.

can squid limit the incoming and
outgoing traffic transparency?

Your upstream provider will be responsible for limiting the incoming traffic. You can limit the outgoing.

Please assist me.

Best Regard
Mahdi

Chris