Search squid archive

Squid hangs after some time

Hi

I'm new to Squid, so please be patient. I've installed Squid 2.6 on a
Debian Etch as a transparent proxy. I can go to many web sites but
suddenly I can't surf the web. I realize the problem when I make ping
to gmail.com and after 10 or 20 minutes gives me Request Time Out.

I saw the link

http://squidproxy.wordpress.com/2007/06/05/thinsg-to-look-at-if-websites-are-hanging/

(Things to look at if websites are hanging!) and I've applied those
solutions but still have that problem. What other thing can I check?

Please tell me if you need more info

Thanks in advanced.