Search squid archive

Re: Squid 2.6 Access Log Not showing access to websites

Kirtimaan wrote:
Hello,

There is one Eth in Squid Box.

There is a DSL Router with IP 192.168.1.165

Squid box is configured to access internet and DNS service using this IP.

There are 4 windows XP systems connected to same network and they use Squid box IP as their gateway and DNS server address.

so it is like

WINDOW CLIENTS <=> SQUID BOX <=> DSL ROUTER.

On squid box, there is a utility Guarddog used for port forwarding. So it forward all traffic on port 80 to Squid port 3128.

Um, I think for the evidence you have so far given that appears to be not quite the case.

So far you have shown that:
 - traffic directed at squidbox:80 => squidbox:3128
 - traffic directed at random_ip:80 => random_ip:80

It looks to me like 'port forwarding' as done by Guarddog only affects traffic within the _internal_ side of the box. Not the _routing_ side of the box.

Squid box also have apache webserver, but that is configured on port 8080. So if any one in network have to use intranet, we have to use like http://squidbox:8080.

When squid is running and we try to access it like http://squidbox it shows a page

-----------
    * Access Denied.

Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed at this time. Please contact your service provider if you feel this is incorrect.
-------------

So it looks like port forwarding is working proper as port 80.

In squid conf, we have

----------
http_port 3128 transparent
----------

Thanks, Kirtimaan

Indunil Jayasooriya wrote:
To my surprise, I can use internet even when squid service is
Thanks,
Kirtimaan

Amos Jeffries wrote:
down. So
now it means that squid is not configured properly ?

How I can verify this, please guide.

Could you pls draw your network diagram?

How many ethernet does squid box have?

Hope to hear from you.