Search squid archive

Upgrading Squid - winbind issue

I'm upgrading Squid from 2.5Stable14 to 2.6Stable20, and Samba from 3.0.14a to 3.0.30. I'm also upgrading the OS from Solaris 8 to 10. We use winbind to authenticate Squid users to a Windows domain.

As per the squid/samba instructions, I've run the command '/usr/local/samba/bin/net rpc -S as7 changetrustpw' daily in a cron job. I'm not really sure it's necessary, but it has never caused a problem. However, on the new server, when I run this command it breaks my trust with the domain controller.

Does anyone know why it might be behaving differently? Is running this command even necessary?

-Mike