Search squid archive

Re: Squid 2.7 -- ZPH -- Doc-

Amos Jeffries wrote:
Rayudu Madhava wrote:
Sir,

I want to use ZPH and control traffic out side squid using HTB,ESFQ etc..

can some body guide me in this direction.

    Thanks a lot ,

Rayudu

The configuration of squid is done in 2.7+ with a few zph_* options, which can be found in the authoritative config manual at:
 http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.7/cfgman/

Basically Squid marks outgoing TCP stream packets with a TOS/QOS value of your choice when connecting to any of siblings/parents/web-servers. How the network handles each type of stream is up to you.

Sorry. I didn't make that clear enough. It marks the internal client-visible part of the stream based on the source direction.

Amos