Search squid archive

squid , rsync and authentication

Hello,

I'm trying downloading file with rsync through a squid proxy
squid-2.6.STABLE18.
Squid authenticates users so I fill in RSYNC_PROXY.
To ensure there's no mistake with user or password, I fill in http_proxy
in the same manner (copy/paste).
Using wget is OK.
Using rsync always return the following:
bad response from proxy -- HTTP/1.0 407 Proxy Authentication
The squid logs also report this 407 code.

Anybody knows where I'm wrong or what's wrong?

Regards
Jean-Jacques