Search squid archive

Re: delay_pools not working with cache_peer

Stephen Carins wrote:
Hi All
hoping someone out there can help me with a problem that just came up

we were using delay_pools to control traffic which have just broken
since using cache_peer for content filtering,
we have to use cache peer and would like to slow our users down again
so there not using the whole 30MBit connection

squid.conf (changes ((i think)))
cache_peer server.com.au parent 8080 0 no-query
never_direct allow all
httpd_accel_host virtual
httpd_accel_port 80
httpd_accel_with_proxy on
httpd_accel_uses_host_header on

Thanks is advance n keep up the great work ;-)

Steve

First step, for accelerators you are much better off upgrading. The configuration and optimizations in later squid are much better and easier to use than 2.5. We are also only working on bug fixes for recent squid releases since the code details have changed so much over the last few years since 2.5 was labeled obsolete.

Amos