Search squid archive

Re: Caching of directory objects, UDP_MISS

Dan Trainor wrote:
Hello again, all -

Searching through my logs, I see UDP_MISS statements which are almost
exclusively when an ICP query is made for an object of a directory type,
not a file type:

1211373356.819      0 192.168.15.87 UDP_MISS/000 131 ICP_QUERY
http://static-test-dev.domain.local/dev-secure-test.domain.local/content/viralPlayer/generator-test/ - NONE/- -

It would make sense as to why Squid would be handing out a UDP_MISS for
that, since it would also make sense that Squid has no desire to cache
directories - but if that's the case, why would Squid ever report on a
miss like that?  How about disabling that object for logging altogether?

Thanks!
-dant
Squid does not know about those real servers disks at all.
So it may be directory listing in HTML, index page or others possible HTTP response of that URL.

You can customize access log not to log this thing.