Search squid archive

What's missing from 2.6 for full HTTP/1.1 support?

Hi,

I've had a few folks ask me what exactly is missing from squid (2.6STABLE18 in our case) that prevents it from advertising itself as an HTTP/1.1 client. We've run across the occasional origin server that, for whatever reason, is throwing away *all* 1.1-specific headers - including Host:, which causes the most breakage - and it's been suggested that we modify the source to hard-code the GET to say HTTP/ 1.1, even though per spec I know this really shouldn't be done.

So the question I have is - what exactly is missing from squid 2.6 that prevents full HTTP/1.1 support? I know this is a milestone goal, but I'm curious where the code is today (vs., say, where is in 3.0, and planned future versions).

Thanks,

-Chris