Search squid archive

Re: Site filtering issue.... Resolved

Sheldon Carvalho wrote:
Thanks for the reply Felix. I guess that must have helped. I did as
you said but that seem to block all the sites. Which made me think
that the order of the commands make a difference. Which is why, I
followed the default squid.conf file and put the commands in some what
the same order as it is on there. I also had to add in some other
syntax's
Well, I have a working squid now. It was just the order that was
messing up everything.
Here is the working config.
I will try to setup SARG along with squid. Lets hope it goes well.

squid.conf
--------------

acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
acl manager proto cache_object
acl localhost src 127.0.0.1/255.255.255.255
acl our_network src 192.168.10.0/24
acl to_localhost dst 127.0.0.0/8

SNIP
acl mail_blacklist dstdom_regex "/etc/squid/blacklist/mail/domains"
acl torrent_blacklist dstdom_regex "/etc/squid/blacklist/torrent/domains"

http_access allow custom_allowed_domains

This should probably be...

http_access allow our_network custom_allowed_domains

...so you don't end up being an open proxy for anything in your "custom_allowed_domains" file. Have a look at the FAQ (http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/SquidAcl) for more details.

Chris