Search squid archive

Re: spaces in paths

On Thu, 2008-03-27 at 18:09 -0700, Ric wrote:

> pid_filename, a quoted path results in no pid file.
>
> cache_access_log, a quoted path results in no log file.
>
> cache_log, a quoted path results in no log file.
>
> url_rewrite_program accepts a quoted path.
>
> cache_dir, a quoted path results in a fatal error on startup...

Right, yes there is a number of places in squid.conf expecting a single
word separated by spaces only. Some day I hope we will have a cleaner
parser that's consistent about how it splits lines into words and
accepting quoting anywhere... thinking about it.. it's actually a good
beginner project if anyone is interested in starting a career as Open
Source Squid hacker:

Project description: Make the squid.conf parser be consistent about
using strwordtok to split lines into components instead of strtok.

Requirements:
* Need to be able (or learn) to use a text editor
* Fundamental knowledge in what C/C++ looks like helps but not strictly
required
* most importantly you need to be interested in Squid development an
Open Source.

Applications for the position is sent to squid-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The benefits of the position consists of a suitable mix of
* Personal satisfaction from doing something good for the community
* Your fame recorded in the CONTRIBUTORS file (if you want)