Search squid archive

Re: Clearing ACLs on reload?

Ilkka Tuohela escreveu:
The issue here is that I need to control access to parent proxy by ACLs,
and sometimes entries need to be removed from a ACL. Because the ACL
rules always add to the existing ACL, removing a line from external file
and reloading squid does not actually remove it from running configuration.

For me it would be fine, if there were a way to do this, with a reset
rule before the ACL entries, right now I can add new ACL entries by
reloading, but to remove I need to restart squid completely.

I'm afraid you're absolutely mistaken. 'squid -k reconfigure' clears all ACLs and re-read them from the external files. At least on my SEVERAL squid boxes, which i have different versions of squid including some old 2.5 ones, reconfigure clears everything and re-read files. I have never seen this behavior of 'only adding rules' .....

Test it again, watch your 'current configuration' with cachemgr.cgi, and you'll see that you're wrong on this thinking that reconfigure does not clear ACLs.

--

	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues

	gertrudes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx