Search squid archive

Transparent Proxy and NT Authentication

I'm getting ready to search, but looking for a cut/dry answer If this can be done nowadays...

I know with older squid versions, you could not query AD/LDAP for authentication using a transparent setup. I want to be able to have the clients gateway point to the proxy and autnehticate them based on AD (like I do now in a non-transparent setup). Then obviously when authenticated forward 80/443 to its local 3128 (iptables for this) and anything else to another gateway, the core router.

Can this be done with 2.6?