Search squid archive

Re: LiveCD type install for transparent caching of YouTube, etc?

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 9:07 PM, Paul Bryson <Atamido@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have been looking for some sort of easy to install Squid transparent
>  caching proxy.  Something like KnoppMyth (http://mysettopbox.tv/) but
>  just for Squid.  Boot to a CD that has you partition/format your
>  harddrives, installs the OS plus Squid with sane default settings.  If
>  there is a web interface, all the better.

Hi Paul!
A quick googling brought me to a VMWare virtual appliance at
http://www.vmware.com/appliances/directory/57.

I've recorded your suggestion on http://wiki.squid-cache.org/WishList.

Are you willing to help the squid project by starting this activity?

--
 /kinkie