Search squid archive

Re: Squid-2, Squid-3, roadmap

Dodd, Tony wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Nottingham [mailto:mnot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]

Well, that's a bit of a straw-man, isn't it? AIUI 3 *is* already 2 re-
coded into C++. Never mind the question of why that's necessary;
indeed, I think a lot of people's discomfort is centred on the fact
that large parts of 3 have been rewritten and not battle-tested in
wide deployment.

Some of my discomfort stems from the fact that from where I sit,
development on -3 seems entirely ad-hoc, with no direction; whereas -2
development is entirely focused (of course, with only Adrian really
developing it, it's going to be moreso; what I'm talking about is more
'what is being developed' than 'who's developing it' though).  I could
be talking entirely out of turn here though, as I haven't seen a -3
roadmap.

Thats one thing thats immediately fixable:
  http://wiki.squid-cache.org/RoadMap/Squid3

Amos
--
Please use Squid 2.6STABLE17+ or 3.0STABLE1+