Search squid archive

Re: Squid-2, Squid-3, roadmap

On Thu, Mar 06, 2008, Amos Jeffries wrote:

> 3.1 is about making up that failure plus some.
> Is seamless IPv6, SSL control, and weighted round-robin not enough of a
> killer app for you?

The trouble is Amos, I'm reasonably confident I can get sponsorship for
porting enough of those to Squid-2 for the reverse proxy clients who
need it to .. well, get it. Cleaning up Squid-2 to support v4/v6 sockaddrs,
src/dst ACLs and client-side only (without any gatewaying into anything
but v4) is enough of a first cut for the reverse proxy guys to be happy,
and if Xenion can get paid to work on that and contribute it back then
I will.

In fact, I'd be very surprised if one of my clients -doesn't- ask for that!

Adrian