Search squid archive

Re: ACL restrictions by day of the week?

François Cami escreveu:
On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 12:00:17 -0500
Steve Snyder <swsnyder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

How do I allow/disallow access to specific sites by the day of the week?

Example: allow connections to http://www.fun_n_games.com only on Saturdays and Sundays.

It's easy enough to see that
    acl fun_n_games dstdomain .fun_n_games.com
    acl funtime time SA	# Sunday & Saturday

But I don't see how to combine the 2 definitions into a single rule that imposes the restrictions I want.

Any advice out there on how to do this?

I'd set up 2 squid.conf, one for weekends, one for weekdays, then use crontab
to switch between configuration files and launch and squid -k reconfigure...

François

   You can use time ACL's for that !!!

#       acl aclname time     [day-abbrevs]  [h1:m1-h2:m2]
#           day-abbrevs:
#               S - Sunday
#               M - Monday
#               T - Tuesday
#               W - Wednesday
#               H - Thursday
#               F - Friday
#               A - Saturday
#           h1:m1 must be less than h2:m2

acl saturday_sunday time AS 00:00-23:59

acl fun_n_games .........
http_access allow fungames  saturday_sunday

--

	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues

	gertrudes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx