Search squid archive

Re: Port Changing in Fedora 8

Steve B wrote:
Sorry, forgot to reply to squidusers again.

1) I want to use another port because where I am, no other port is
 open. The port is 81.
 2) I put inside of my .conf file: http_port 81.
 3) Not from what the grep command had said. Someone else suggested to
 use it so I used it. Supposedly nothing.
 4) Not from what I had seen.

Ports under 1024 have three problems that are usually seen to fail startup:

* Something else already using it.

* Starting squid as user other than root.

* SELinux security policy preventing even root opening the port.

Amos

 --
 -Steve

--
Please use Squid 2.6STABLE17+ or 3.0STABLE1+