Search squid archive

Re: TCP_HIT and TCP_MEM_HIT

J. Peng escreveu:
what's the difference between TCP_HIT and TCP_MEM_HIT ?

I found access.log has full of TCP_HIT but few TCP_MEM_HIT, is it right?

TCP_HIT happens when squid took the requested information from the cache directories, ie, from the disk.

TCP_MEM_HIT happens when squid took the requested information from memory, ie, RAM memory.

Of course you'll see less TCP_MEM_HIT than TCP_HIT because the amount of memory and disk are VERY big. I dont know your situation, but usually we have several GBs of cache in disk and only some few hundreds of RAM memory allocated to squid. That's because you'll almost always see a LOT of TCP_HIT and only some few TCP_MEM_HIT.

--

	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues

	gertrudes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx