Search squid archive

How to make squid sitting in front of apache and ZOPE

Hi  people:

 I have a zope instance in my server on port 8080 , I configured a
vhost entry & Rewrite Rule  for this instance in my httpd-vhost.conf
as in the paste , but my site is too slow due to large number of
requests , I want squid to sit infront of apache like  this
squid--->apache-->zope
 Please see the paste: the current setup as follows

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerAdmin sysadmin@xxxxxxxxxx
    ServerName  mysite.net
    ServerAlias www.mysite.net

    RewriteEngine On

    #Main rewrite for zope#

RewriteRule ^/(.*)
http://127.0.0.1:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/www.mysite.net:80/mysite/VirtualHostRoot/$1
[L,P]

    ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/mysite.net/error.log
    CustomLog /var/log/httpd/mysite.net/access.log combined
</VirtualHost>
this is the exiting setup  in my machine,   so request will satisfied
like this  apache:80 -->zope:8080,

 I installed squid in my FreeBSD-6.2 box from ports

Can you help me what I have change squid.conf , so as the requests
will first handled by squid , like the follows

SQUID-->APACHE--->ZOPE

I would like to request your kind response , that will help me to fix the issue

Thanks in advance
KK