Search squid archive

Re: Cache for mp3 and ogg in memory...

Hi Adrian,

Adrian Chadd wrote:
Hi,

I'd first give ZFS a shot - either through opensolaris or FreeBSD.
It has slightly saner memory caching logic (which eats RAM for breakfast
mind you) that may suit this workload a little better.

Since you mentioned ZFS, I have been thinking for some time now about deploying a Squid box with a ZFS cache either on a single drive or a separate drive.

Thats probably a smarter move than trying to squeeze a HTTP proxy
inline just yet. :)

Do you think that this ZFS file system scales better than current file systems if used for caching such as Squid?

Do you have any statistics?

Thanking you...

adrian