Search squid archive

Re: Unable to increase filedescriptor limit -- tried all things

bijayant kumar <bijayant4u@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I have already entered that line
>
> cat /etc/security/limits.conf | grep nofile
> *       hard    nofile  8192
>
> No luck till now. I am restarting squid several times
> to avoid the slow browsing.

limits.conf(5):

        Also, please note that all limit settings are set _per
        login_. They are not global, nor are they permanent; existing
        only for the duration of the session.

Which means you would have to logout and relogin to make it into effect.