Search squid archive

Compile Time Options

Gang,

I'm getting ready to build squid from the command line (until now I've just relied on the .deb packages but they are sooo outdated) for Ubuntu 6.06 and Debian 4.0r1. I would like to know what command line options I should use when I "make" it, ie, options that will put the conf file in /etc/squid/, log files in /var/log/squid, etc. My cache is for an ISP that connects via satellite, so bandwidth savings is paramount. Also, it is done transparently via iptables (which works mostly...). Any command line options that add performance (coss?) would be appreciated too.

Jason Wallace