Search squid archive

Re: Google Images and Blacklists

On Jan 9, 2008, at 4:57 PM, Cailen Pratt wrote:

Hi guys,

I have posted this a while ago and haven't had much luck with responses.

I'm wondering if there is any way to filter images.google.com.au using my blacklist? I have an extensive blacklist which works great however if I go
to Google Images, I can search images that belong to domains in my
blacklist. I don't want to block images.google.com.au because I would like users to still have access to this functionality. I'm running Squid Version
2.6.STABLE5

My squid.config looks like this:

acl blacklist dstdomain "/etc/squid/domains/blacklist"
http_access deny all Blacklist

I have tried using url_regex which does work however not with the size of my Blacklist. My Blacklist is 16.3MB in size and therefore this cannot be used.
Is there any other way anyone can think of to get around this?

If not, is it possible to stop users from changing the Google preferences
under SafeSearch Filtering to " Do not filter my search results"

Thanks in advance.

use either SquidGuard or Dansguardian. you redirect and check against a blacklist pass or fail.

-j