Search squid archive

Re: cache_dir

trainier@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I have been asked to continue proxying connections out to the Internet, but to discontinue caching web traffic.

After reading the FAQ and the config guide (2.6STABLE12) I found that: 'cache_dir null' Is the approach. It's failing. The error is: Daemon: FATAL: Bungled squid.conf line 19: cache_dir null

For 2.6 you need to add --enable-storeio=null with the other FS you want to use.

For giggles, I even tried giving cache_dir null an option of a directory, which also failed.

That was the right approach :-) just at tad early

The config line does need a path still in 2.6, a small problem that has been cleaned up for 3.1 and 2.7, 2.6stable18 when they arrive.

  cache_dir null /tmp

Amos

The FAQ shows that this option is not enabled or available in the default build of squid. I'm reading through the configure script trying to find some verbiage that might help me locate the compile option.

Here are the compile-time options I'm setting for this build:

./configure --prefix=/services/proxy --enable-icmp --enable-snmp --enable-cachemgr-hostname=kmiproxy01 --enable-arp-acl --enable-ssl --disable-select --disable-poll --enable-epoll -enable-large-cache-files --disable-ident-lookups --enable-stacktraces --with-large-files && make && make install

Can someone please help me disable local caching?

Thanks,

Tim Rainier

--
Please use Squid 2.6STABLE17 or 3.0STABLE1.